Skip to main content

Full text of "2016 Emails Between Wilshire Center BID And The City Of LA or Tara Devine"

See other formats

Subject:  North  East  Corner  of  Leeward  and  Vermont

From:  Wilshire  Center  BID

Date:  12/09/2016  10:03  AM

To:  D Melvonian  <31366@lapd.lacity.org>

Hi  Di,

Happy  Friday.

We  have  been  getting  some  calls  from  residents,  and  mangers  from  3065  and  3057  Leeward  about  the  issue  of  drug  dealing,
drinking  in  public,  and  other  issues  on  North  east  corner  of  Leeward  and  Vermont.

People  are  feeling  unsafe  when  walking  by  the  half  a dozen  guys  that  are  hanging  out  there  all  ours  of  the  day  and  night
drinking  and  doing  drugs.

Managers  said  they  are  unable  to  lease  their  available  units  because  perspective  tenants  see  all  the  mess  there  and  are  not
interested.

When  I passed  by  there  yesterday  a guy  was  peeing  in  the  street  and  two  other  guys  were  passing  a bottle  in  a brown  bag
back  and  forth,  while  another  guy  was  lighting  what  looked  like  a glass  pipe.  It  looked  like  something  out  of  Colors,  Training
Day,  or  End  of  Watch.  I would  have  taken  a picture  if  I wasn’t  driving  and  they  weren’t  all  mad  dogging  me.

They  seem  to  hang  on  the  side  of  that  Dental  Office  on  Leeward  there  near  the  corner.  They  have  also  accumulated  a large
amount  of  shopping  carts  and  other  trash.

Please  let  me  know  what  you  might  be  able  to  do  or  what  we  can  do  to  help.

I also  have  some  shoes  from  santa  for  you  guys.  Please  let  me  know  when  I should  bring  them  by.

Thank  you,

Mike  Russell

Wilshire  Center  Business  Improvement  Corporation  (WCBIC)
mike@wilshirecenter.com

www.wilshirecenter.com

facebook.com/wilshirecenter

213-487-7003